Legislation and other Updates!
As you know, the Georgia Legislative session started Monday, 1/9. The Governor will be sworn in today (1/12). The new House Speaker, Jon Burns, has created a Health Committee to oversee the creation and management of healthcare legislation. We do not know how this may affect passing our bills, but are going to be watching it closely. We will be re-introducing our bills from last year and will keep you apprised of any urgent advocacy needs that may develop. Our Government Relations Council will be resuming Update at 8 (likely January 19th at 8PM) and Zoom links will go out for that soon. We ask that you:
1) Email or call your legislators (House Representative and Senator) and introduce yourself if you haven't before, or if they are new to office.
2) Keep in touch with your legislators and us throughout the session.
3) Donate to our advocacy efforts.
4) Email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
December was a whirlwind of charity drives by several of our chapters and holiday gatherings. We were excited to share this time together and hope that you had a restful holiday season and New Year. As we gear up for the coming months, we want to help you keep in mind several things:
- The Legislative session will be until about March 29th.
- The Columbus Chapter will be hosting their annual conference March 4th, further details and CEUs coming soon.
- The Golden Isles and Southeast Georgia Chapters will be hosting the state conference at Jekyll Island September 22-23rd.
Be sure and mark these dates in your calendar and follow us for more details! If you haven't joined as a member, then please do so today!