UAPRN is Teaming up With Hope Centers for Veterans!
It's NP Week and tomorrow is Verterans Day! UAPRN is teaming up with Hope Centers for Veterans for our Veterant Support, Suicide Awareness walk!
What are the details:
Please join Hope Center for Veterans
Why: We are on a mission to stop Veteran Suicide
What: Veteran Suicide Awareness and Prevention Walk (Free event)
When: 10 Nov 2020 at 4pm to 5pm
Where: Mask up and walk with your family in your own neighborhood
How: Educate others regarding Veteran suicide prevention and awareness
Tag us on Instagram when you post a picture/video of your walk!
Tag us on Facebook when you post a picture/video of your walk!
- Anna Mercado Sanchez
- Hope Center for Veterans
- UAPRN of GA
Department of Veterans Affairs’ National Veteran Suicide Prevention Annual Report (2019):
- Suicide rate among Veterans is 1.5 times greater than the non-Veteran population ages 18+, with over 6,000 Veterans dying by suicide each year.
- Despite accounting for just 7.9% of the population, Veterans account for 13.5% of all suicide deaths in the United States.
WARNING SIGNS for suicide:
- Increased alcohol or drug use
- Reckless behavior
- Mood changes
- History of treatment in mental health (PTSD, Depression, anxiety, substance abuse)
- Poor social support
- Life stressors: job loss, illness, divorce, financial stress
- Suicidal thoughts
- Losing interest in life
- Worsening depression and anxiety
Veteran Crisis Hotline: 1-800-273-8255 press 1 Text 838255 to connect to responder