UAPRN 2017 Conference Experience - One Week Away!!
This announcement has 1 attachment:
Dear UAPRN Members and Followers,
UAPRN has undoubtedly assembled the most dynamic APRN conference being offered in Georgia this year.
If you are looking for the ultimate conference value, then this is it:
- 22.5 CEUs including 6.9 CEU of pharmacology. We know you need these CEUS to renew your license
- National level speakers delivering content in Cardiology, Leadership Development, Spirituality, Pharmacology, Women's Health, Legislative Updates, LGBTQ issues, Sickle Cell Disease, Geriatrics, Respiratory Issues, Diabetes, Eye Disease, Hypertension, Diabetes, X-ray Interpretation, Infectious Disease and more (the list is too long). No boring dry speakers here. Trust me you'll want to see and hear these folks. Take a look at the full agenda attached!!
- A networking mixer with dancing is guaranteed to get those feet moving. Come and meet your fellow APRNs and get some partying in while you're at it. For those of you who have been watching the videos, well you know I'm ready for some fun! The mixer has been moved to Friday night 9/22 from 6-9pm in an effort to streamline the conference and have maximum participation
- Vendors, vendors and more vendors will be on hand to bring you the latest and greatest in APRN practice and care.
- A private shopping evening has been arranged for our attendees at the AmericasMart which is only open to people with a business license. They have great shopping there for amazing prices.
- If you have only signed up for one day (and you really should consider all three) we would still love to see you at the mixer for cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and dancing. You are still invited to attend even if you have signed up for any one of the conference days. (Come after work if you get off in time on Friday!!!)
- Additional suturing and orthopedic injection classes are available for such a low price. Come and get some new skills or brush up on some old ones!!
- The keynote speakers this year are two of the biggest and brightest champions for APRNs. Senator Renee Unterman will speak on the current legislative landscape with a focus on the opioid crisis - she is our legislative cheerleader. Dr. Mary Gullatte will speak to us on Leadership, Inspiration and Empowerment. I don't know about you, but I can always use more of that!!
- Narcan kits with training on how to use them will be offered free of charge to every attendee during the conference. The opioid crisis is affecting all of our communities and we need to be prepared to address it head on. There will also be an exciting partnership announced at the conference related to the opioid crisis.
- Many of the candidates for Georgia's Governor, Lieutenant Governor and Secretary of State will be on hand to share their vision for healthcare. Come and hear what your elected officials have to say. We have a lot of legislative power. Let them hear your voice!!
- Are you a student looking for a preceptor? Well many of our members are preceptors looking for students to precept. Please come network with them and receive/provide excellent mentoring in the process!
There is so much more being offered at the conference. ALL WE NEED NOW IS YOU!!! Go to the attached link and meet us there. Support your state APRN organization that is working hard on your behalf. "UNITED WE STAND"
Please share this post to your Facebook, Twitter and all other social media accounts so we can get the word out about this exciting opportunity!!! UAPRN is on the move!!
Michelle A. Nelson
UAPRN State President