CAPRN Nursing Action End of Summer Fundraising Drive!!!
Anyone who donates Any amount between NOW and the the Last day of the UAPRN Fall Conference on Sept 23rd will be entered into a drawing to win a $50 Target GiftCard!
Click on Link Below to Donate:
Checks can also be mailed to:
Georgia’s Coalition of Advanced Practice Nurses
P.O. Box 347
Atlanta, GA 30309
Georgia APRNs....Together we can make a Difference to Remove Barriers to practice! So many good things are on the Horizon for APRNs of Georgia. CAPRN's Grassroots efforts over the last 2 years partnering with our AMAZING Professional APRN Lobbyist (Julianna McConnell) and our valued Organizational Members to engage legislators from across the State, have an APRN presence at the State Capitol during the legislative session and at key meetings throughout the year is beginning to pay off, but we NEED continued FINANCIAL SUPPORT to continue this good work. While CAPRNs primary support has come from Organizational Memberships Dues, we also need Individual Donations to be able to continue to have the funds to retain our lobbyist. With over 13,000 APRNs in Georgia, if every APRN gave as little as $5 the IMPACT would be Amazing! Yet not everyone will donate, and while no Donation is too small, and Your Generous Donations is GREATLY appreciated!
You might ask Why Support CAPRN? Here are some CAPRN Milestones to Consider...
- CAPRN's APRN of the Day 2016 & 2017 increases APRN visibility and engagement at the State Capitol throughout the session and is able to visually "brand" APRNs wearing white lab coats with Royal Blue Scarves.
- Fall 2016 CAPRN partners with supportive Legislators to draft the language in SR 188 Senate Study Committee on Barriers to Georgians' Access to Adequate Healthcare
- Summer 2017: CAPRN elects a new expanded Board of motivated and engaged Officers who are committed to a high level of communication, responsiveness to our organizational and individual members.
- Legal Incorporation of CAPRN is completed August 2017 along with new CAPRN address, new banking account and treasurer procedures in place.
- CAPRN leaders take active role in offering outline to Senator Renee Unterman for SR 188 potential Topics and Subject Matter Experts
- CAPRN leads on creating APRN Questions for Candidates document for 2018 Election for the Governor, Lt. Governor, and Secretary of State candidates
- CAPRN leaders direct CAPRN lobbyist reach out to Candidates and invite them to upcoming APRN State Conferences and Local Meetings
- CAPRN leaders actively outreach to all known APRN organizations in the state to encourage renewal or first time Organizational membership in CAPRN. CAPRN Leaders are ready and willing to attend and present at any APRN organizational local meetings or conferences to speak to the value of CAPRN membership and to present on Legislative and Professional Advocacy 101 Training for any group interested.
CAPRNs Strong Grassroots Advocacy Efforts and our the work of our APRN lobbyist in 2107 helped ensure the following legislative victories including:
- Passage of SR 188 Study Committee on Barriers to Georgians’ Access to Adequate Healthcare (APRN Barriers)
- REMOVING APRNS from SB 125 PA Hydrocodone Compound Prescriptive Rights was a Key “Defensive” Victory (APRNs removed due to very problematic language being added that would have given Composite Board of Medicine Increased Oversight of/Authority over APRNs)*Note: Utimately, the Governor vetoed this bill after in passed both houses due to national opioid abuse crisis.
- Passage of SB 96 APRNs, RNs, PAs in Nursing Homes to Pronounce Death even if organ donor
- Passage of SB 106 Nurse Anesthetist bill – pain management clinicsSB 242 Expands protocol agreement authorized for a physician to 8 APRNs with no more than 4 being directed at any one time
- Passage of SB 109 Nurse Compact Bill
- Passage of HB 427 Cancelable loan program for physicians expanded to include APRNs (and dentists PAs)
APRNs and Nursing is on the Move in Georgia.....be part of the movement to Remove Barriers to Practice in Georgia! #OneVoice #APRNsCare4GA #Stronger Together #United We Stand