Call for state election nominations
This announcement has 1 attachment:
Hello all UAPRN members,
We have an upcoming state election for which the position of President and Secretary are up for election. Per the Bylaws, we also need to elect a Chairperson of the Nominations Committee and 3 members to serve on that committee. The election will be held in October, and elected officers will take office on January 1st, 2017 to serve for 2 years. Per our current bylaws, the frequency of meetings for the state leadership shall be held quarterly, either in person or via conference calls. I have posted the general responsibilities for these positions at the bottom of this email.
Please consider running for office, or to serve on the nominations committe, as we cannot have an effective UAPRN without our leadership team. UAPRN is a vital force in the state of Georgia for protecting your professional rights and continuing to advance your nursing practice. We have a seasoned UAPRN leadership team who are willing to mentor new officers, and everyone knows being an officer of a state nursing group would look wonderful on your resume! We welcome all interested nominees.
The requirements for a candidate and the expected duties are as follows:
Any Regular member in good standing is eligible for elected or appointed office in UAPRN of Georgia.
Candidates for office shall meet established qualifications as delineated under the Bylaws of UAPRN of Georgia.
A candidate's name shall not be placed on the ballot until a signed consent to serve form is returned to the Vice President of UAPRN of Georgia.
1. The President shall be the chief elected officer and shall serve as the representative of the organization, while having supervision of the work of the organization.
2. He/she shall appoint members via a task force to do special projects to further the work and progress of the organization.
3. He/she shall call Regular and Special Meetings of Board of Directors in accordance with these Bylaws and shall be the Chairperson of the Board of Directors.
4. He/she shall preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors, shall see that all orders and resolutions of the Board of Directors are carried into effect, and shall have other duties and powers as the Directors may from time-to-time prescribe.
5. The President shall serve as a member for one year following his/her term of office as past president and maintain voting privileges throughout this one year term.
1. The Secretary shall keep the minutes and an accurate record of all meetings of the Board of Directors and quarterly state meetings.
2. He/she shall submit copies of all minutes of the Board of Directors on the UAPRN website no later than two weeks following the date of the meeting.
3. He/she shall have charge of all books or records of the Corporation.
A. The Nominating Committee shall put forth a slate of candidates for office with qualifications as defined in the UAPRN By-Laws.
B. The slate of candidates shall be placed on the UAPRN.org website at least 30 days prior to the election period.
*The election is scheduled for the last 2 weeks of October.
Please contact Cindy Rinehart with your questions and/or interest, at 404-414-9822 or at her email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks, Cindy Rinehart